US Marijuana Party

Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment Defeated In Congress

06/28/06

Tin-Pot Tyrants Uphold Persecution Of The Terminally Ill
Congress Stands in Direct Opposition to the Will Of The People
Congress Pounds Yet Another Nail into the Coffin of Federalism

--------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------


Rep. Dave Obey (D)-Wisconsin spoke in favor of the Hinchey-Rohrabacher Amendment:

"If I am terminally ill it isn't the business of anybody on this floor how I handle the pain or the illness associated with that illness. With all due respect to all of you Butt Out! I didn't enter this world with permission from the Department of Justice to and I'm certainly not going to depart it by seeking their permission or any other authority.

The Congress has no business telling a patient how they can manage their pain or illness. I would trust any doctor in the nation before I would trust some of the Daffy Ducks in this institution to decide what I am supposed to do if I am terminally ill.

The idea that we are somehow creating a gateway to drugs like meth is a JOKE. I detest meth. I've seen what it does it is a plague on my district and especially in the Mid-West .It has nothing whatsoever to do with the management of pain and misery for people who are sick and dying.

When is this congress going to recognize that individuals their private lives that people have the right to manage their problems as they see fit without permission from the big guy in the White House and the big guy in the Justice Department or any of the Lilliputians on this congressional floor? Wake up!"

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home