US Marijuana Party

Thursday, January 18, 2007

NEWSFLASH! Kucinich to Chair CMTE over ONDCP!!

Stop the Drug War is reporting that Rep. Dennis Kucinich has been named chairman of the Domestic Policy Subcommittee of the House Government Reform Committee, giving him jurisdiction over the Drug Czar's office.

This is WILDLY GOOD NEWS for Drug Policy Reformers like myself and the millions of Americans who have been adversely affected by the US war on drugs.

Back in 2004 I traveled to Austin, TX to attend a Kucinich for President fundraiser. While there I got to attend a concert bash with Willie Nelson, Bonnie Rait, the Doobie Brothers, Michelle Shocked and members of the Dave Matthews band. I was also able to ask a question about marijuana legalization at a press conference.


Congressman Kucinich & Willie Nelson

You can watch that video HERE. I also worked as a drug policy advisor to Congressman Kucinich's presidential campaign in 2004.


Loretta Nall & Congressman Dennis Kucinich speaking at a fundraising event in 2004

I predict huge changes in the very near future for the drug czars office. It is astounding to see the complete shift of power in this case. You could not get any worse drug warrior than Mark Souder and you cannot get a better drug policy reformer than Dennis Kucinich.

OH!! I am so EXCITED!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home