LEVIS, Que. (CP) - A 14-year-old boy was killed and another suffered permanent injuries after consuming a dangerous mix of marijuana and pain medication, police said on Thursday.
The two 14-year-olds combined the marijuana with Duragesic, a drug that's stronger than morphine and is used to treat chronic pain, said police.
One of the teens died and the other was hospitalized with severe muscle and liver damage.
The youths found the medication in a medicine cabinet, and consumed the fatal mix late last month.
Police said they brought the case to the public's attention as a warning that children should never consume medication unless it has been prescribed to them.
Who needs doctors or scientists when the police know everything already? These boys overdosed on prescription narcotics and the police are trying to blame pot! "a dangerous mix of marijuana and pain medication" "the fatal mix" ... There ain't no such animal.