Got the munchies?: Baker says she's a 'good girl,' only sells cannabis cookies to those with a doctor's note
To the marijuana grow-op underground that police say is dominated by gangs, guns and booby traps, she brings baking trays, butter and chocolate chips.
And if "Joey" is the only name she'll provide the National Post, it's because this cannabis cookie-maker knows sprinkling her not-so-secret baking ingredient into the mix is a crime.
This article even includes the recipe:
This is how Joey makes her cannabis butter, which replaces ordinary butter in traditional cookie recipes:
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- dried cannabis ground up with a coffee grinder (the amount used depends on the marijuana's potency and which part of the plant is used: for mild, smokeable bud, use 14 to 28 grams)
- 4 to 5 litres of water
- 1 stock pot
- a large bowl
- a colander
- one large spoon and one potato masher
1. Put all the ingredients in the stock pot and place on very low heat.
2. Simmer the mixture for six to eight hours, stirring every 30 minutes or so.
3. Next, place the cheesecloth-lined colander over the large bowl and slowly pour the mixture through.
4. Tightly wrap the mixture in the cheesecloth and squeeze out all the liquid. Use the potato masher to squeeze the juice from between the leaves.
5. Throw out the contents of the cheesecloth and refrigerate the liquid in the pot. The "butter" and water in the bowl will soon separate, with all the THC (the active ingredient in marijuana) now in the butter. Store the butter in the fridge or freeze it if you don't plan to use it within a week.