New York Post, NY
March 27, 2006 -- When authorities raided Patrice Agrippa's Brooklyn home more than two years ago, they said he laundered money for an international coke ring and was so dangerous he should be held on $1 million bail.
Earlier this month, with trial looming, prosecutors dropped the case against the one-time plasterer, with no explanation.
The 34-year-old father of three filed a notice of claim last Friday announcing his intent to sue the city for millions.
"I was happy, and yet again I was sad," said Agrippa. "Because I knew that these people had my life on hold for two years."
Agrippa was one of 13 people busted in an investigation that smashed a $75 million coke-running ring employing JFK Airport baggage handlers.
He was on Rikers Island for six months until relatives got his $1 million bail reduced.
Agrippa's civil lawyer, Tracy Grant, a former Brooklyn prosecutor, said it was one of the worst cases of false arrest and malicious prosecution she had seen.
The city Law Department declined to comment, as did the police.
Brooklyn DA spokesman Jerry Schmetterer said, "After a careful review of the evidence at this point, it became clear that the fair thing to do was to dismiss."