US Marijuana Party

Thursday, January 18, 2007

Teens & Driving

My son Alex will be 15 this year and he is already excited about getting his learners permit. Needless to say, I am less than excited to think about him out on the roads. I remember when I took drivers ed. in 10th grade. I wrecked the car. Not bad...but bad enough that my instructor jammed his knee slamming the extra brake in his floorboard.

One of the things that scared me the most when I was just learning to drive, and one of the things I still hate to this day are 18-wheelers on the interstate....especially in the rain. They are so dangerous and getting sandwiched between two of them is the worst.

I was looking at my insurance policy online at Geico and I noticed that they have added to their online library of safe teen driving tips. The brochure includes valuable information for teens on how to safely share the highway with large trucks. I found it to be very helpful and I will be using it when Alex starts to drive. If you have a teen and need auto coverage please take the time to get a cheap car insurance quote at Geico and also download their informative brochures on teens and driving

3 Comments:

  • You crashed a driver's ed car and injured your instructor. Ouch! I struck an off-duty policeman driving his high performance car that he had just installed a new engine in -- on my first day of solo driving. No injuries -- but did I ever pay for that! In the end my Dad taught me to become a safe driver, but it took a long time before I was really "mature" behind the wheel.

    Teens beginning to drive are at the greatest risk of driving crashes due to several factors - not the least of which is inexperience. There's a lot of information for parents who want to keep their teens safe behind the wheel at the Safe Teen Driving Club Resource Center.

    There's also a parent-teen driving contract parents can use to set driving rules. And they have services that let parents monitor their teen's driving using GPS.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:34 AM  

  • Listen folks, obviously when we get stoned we think of the most philisophical and creative things, yet we mostly never write them down. Well here is our chance to get baked and post it online. Just go to: theskroll.com and write whatever is on your mind once u are stimulated. The best part will be going back and reading it.

    By Blogger the skroll, at 9:05 AM  

  • Teen Driver? No Worries!

    Every parent of a teenager knows what worry the phrase 'Can I borrow the car keys?' brings. You worry the entire time from the moment the car leaves the drive to the moment it arrives back safe and sound. Then you can relax—until the next time.

    Well now you can end the worries. With a simple little device that is easily attached under the dashboard of the car you can know where your teen was during their travels, and get a complete overview of their driving habits as well. That way you can always be sure they are driving safely.

    The Car Checkup device is a palm-sized gadget that attaches to your 1996 or newer model car under the dash and not only will give your car a complete checkup as you drive, but track your route, and the driving patterns of the operator as well. Know if your teen is abusing the breaks with hard stops, or overly fast acceleration. These things are not only had on an automobile, but create unsafe driving conditions as well.

    Keeping tabs on your teen is vital for their safety. You'll always know they are being safe and responsible when operating the car, and they'll know you care enough to be sure they do. Check out the car checkup at http://www.carcheckup.com today and find out how this simple little tool can give you back your peace of mind.

    By Blogger Tami P, at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home