US Marijuana Party

Monday, November 22, 2004

Court rules Cops can shave your head without cause

This is one of the most unbelievable and intolerable things I have ever heard. According to The US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit police officers may constitutionally shave large amounts of hair from a suspect's head, neck, and shoulders, without a warrant, probable cause, or any basis for suspecting that the hair would provide evidence of crime.


Shit, I guess we all have to go around bald in order to protect our privacy. Of course, being bald will likely be reason for suspicion soon enough I fear and the next ruling from the US Court of Appeals 3rd Circuit will be that police have a right to take your blood or cathaterize you if you are bald.

When I see things like this I almost lose all hope that change is possible.

4 Comments:

  • Besides being ridiculously unconstitutional, this is egregiously unfair! I'm balding. I haven't much left!

    -Baylen

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 6:46 AM  

  • Me too, Baylen, I think that raises equal protection claims. Ugh. You're in bad shape when you're waiting for the Rehnquist court to protect your rights, but that's the final hope. Hard to believe this stands.

    By Blogger Gritsforbreakfast, at 6:50 AM  

  • I, on the other hand am 26. I choose to shave my head. I'm not a natzi or anything like that. The look just fits my body type. It also saves time in the shower, and helps keep you cool when you live in hot climates. Peace

    SNGLEToker

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 7:15 PM  

  • Its war on YHWH's children the "Dreadlock Rasta".

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 4:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home