US Marijuana Party

Thursday, February 03, 2005

Girl, 11, Arrested, Cuffed For Fight At School

HOUSTON -- An 11-year-old girl was handcuffed and arrested for a fight at her northwest Harris County elementary school, Local 2 reported Wednesday.

She said another girl pushed her last week on the schoolyard, so she pushed her back.

But an official complaint filed with the Precinct 4 Constable's Office said Rodriguez hit the other girl after the shoving incident was over.

Rodriguez was led away in handcuffs after the parents of the other girl decided to press charges.

"I thought maybe they would tell me to apologize or something, but I didn't think they would handcuff me and take me," she said. "(I felt) like a criminal because they handcuff criminals."

The district attorney has reviewed the case and will proceed with charges.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home