US Marijuana Party

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Back to Court

Bump & Update

I am still a free American (I know, I know, that is a contradiction in terms these days)but nonetheless I am home and not in jail.

Nothing at all happened in court yesterday. Juries were being picked and since my attorney wasn't able to be present my jury was not picked so I had to waste two and a half hours of my day before I was allowed to leave.

When I got home the cable was down. Since my phone also runs over the cable line (VoIP) the phone was down too. Since I live in bumf*** Egypt my cell phone does not pick up so I couldn't get the word out that I was not in jail.


As I understand it my case will be tried before a jury either this week or next. I'll post updates as soon as they become available.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I go back to court tomorrow for what is suppossed to be the beginning of my jury trial.

The judge said he seriously doubted my case would be called tomorrow but that I had to be there anyway.

If nothing else it will give me a chance to gather more material for another article.

Will post an update when there is something to tell.

3 Comments:

  • good luck.

    what are you being charged with?

    By Blogger Dietrich Bonhoeffer, at 4:37 PM  

  • Expressing an opinion about the drug war that was and is contrary to the opinion of those currently in power.

    You can read more about how I wound up in court HERE

    This is the appeals process. I was convicted in Feb. 04' of possessing 0.87 hundreths of a gram of marijuana and a set of scales.

    By Blogger Loretta Nall, at 2:56 AM  

  • 10-4 thanks.

    I think it is wrong what they are doing to you.

    I'm praying for you.

    By Blogger Dietrich Bonhoeffer, at 8:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home