US Marijuana Party

Sunday, October 16, 2005

Governor candidate upset by recent Advertiser editorial

The Clanton Advertiser today printed my rebuttal to their demeaning editorial which ran in yesterday's paper.

Some will say that this is bad media or that I should not respond to negative things printed in the paper...blah blah blah.
I digress.

I am not a typical candidate and I have no intention of trying to become a typical one or trying to fake it. My strength lies in my ability to be different.
Folks are sick of the same ol' same ol' and they respect you more if you speak your mind.
That's the whole point.

I will say that the Clanton Advertiser has won back some points for having the courage to print my response. It shows their willingness to take what they dish out which is more than I can say for some.

Dear Editor, The Advertiser,

If you only inform your readers of one plank in my platform for Governor then how can you say you are keeping people "informed" while managing to keep a straight face?

You make it seem like the idea to regulate and control marijuana in the state of Alabama so as to keep it out of the hands of kids and solve the prison crisis is unheard of.

I guess you haven't been paying attention to the "Special Task Force on Prison Overcrowding" and their recommendations.

I suppose the Judge on that panel is politically un-savvy as well, no?

The Libertarian Party and I agree on almost all issues.

It is the biased media that picks up on one issue and tries to mislead voters.

If you had bothered to look at my platform you would see that it is actually more conservative than either of the Republican's in the race have yet to offer.

If I were a regular reader of The Clanton Advertiser I would be upset that you think your readers (are) so dumb that they don't know how to check out the facts for themselves.

But, I tend to stay away from newspapers that instruct their readers to spy on their neighbors in the grocery store and report them if they buy too many boxes of matches.

That's a little to anti-American and anti-Alabama for me.

In fact, it is reminiscent of Hitler's Nazi Germany or George Orwell's 1984.

In the future, if you must use my good name to move your puppy-training paper at least get the facts straight. Biased media is not credible media.

Loretta Nall

Alex City

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home