US Marijuana Party

Wednesday, December 29, 2004

Email from a Cop

When I got up this morning this email was waiting for me.

Ms. Nall,

I was having trouble sleeping so I got up a few hours early made some coffee fired up my computer and found your arrest article on the web. I read all of it except for the transcript.

As a police officer for over twenty five years (five years in vice, intelligence and narcotics) You got my attention. I can honestly say that what happened to you would not of occurred in the central Florida county that I work in. Or should I rephrase that and say I haven't seen it that bad here. It doesn't take a supreme court justice to figure out that You All must have a very stupid prosecutor and a judge that would allow this sort of thing to happen, and allow themselves to become attached to such a violation.

It is unfortunate and I am sorry to say that there probably are many more stories like yours out there waiting to be told. It is my belief that incidents like these can be best dealt with in the manner that you are proceeding, courage, persistence, faith in god and justice. I can only say I am sorry to hear about your treatment and I am embarrassed as a professional LEO. Good Luck with your appeal...You will win in the long run.



I love emails like this one. They give me hope and reaffirm that the
work that we all do is paying off. Maybe not in a huge way that is
always obvious....but in ways like this....where a 25 year veteran of a
police force can look at my case and say "THAT'S WRONG"
I turned him on to LEAP and I hope that they hear from him soon.
Loretta



4 Comments:

  • This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 8:58 AM  

  • I'm a little dissapointed to see posts being removed by the blog administrator. I thought our movement is all about the freedoms we enjoy - including freedom of speech. The New Jersey weedman would be very sad to hear about this.

    By Anonymous Anonymous, at 11:58 AM  

  • Don't even try that "freedom of speech" jag here. This is not public property. It is MY property.Therefore, if you wish to participate then you will follow my rules.

    If you and NJWeedman want to start your own blog and let morons mire it down in druck and slime and pointless drivel then I wish you would do so and stay the hell off mine.

    One more pointless post from you (and yes I know who you are) and I will ban your IP from this site.

    Sprited debate among people who disagree about drug policy is one thing. Comments like "I love the DEA" and other such assinine trash will not be tolerated on MY site.

    Have a nice day!

    By Blogger Loretta Nall, at 12:25 PM  

  • As a paramedic, I talk to a lot of people in the "Emergency Services" community, and I think you might find it comforting to know that there are a LOT of police & medics here in Chicago who know what bullshit the drug war is. Lots of times it's hard to be around co-workers because there are still a lot of ignorant "good-'ol-boys" in the crowd, but I always set things straight when I get a chance. Many people at my station know I smoke pot, and I think it's funny that they kinda just skipped over me for their "mandatory drug test";) They know I'm one of their best employees, so they don't want to lose me!

    Pete

    By Blogger perceptionist, at 6:51 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home